Here, we will see how can we fix the issue of “DNS probe finished no internet” while you are surfing the internet. There are some issues with the PC or laptop that have the quick solutions, and some take a good time to get solve. In this article, we are providing you with the best alternatives for the DNS probe no internet issue.
- 1 DNS (Domain Name System)
- 2 DNS_Probe_Finished_No_Internet Quick Fixes
- 2.1 Using Command Prompt
- 2.2 Change DNS Address To Open Address
- 2.3 Reboot & Power Cycle the Router
- 2.4 Clear Cache, Reinstall Your Browser
- 2.5 Change Browser
- 2.6 Restart Router/ Modem
- 2.7 Uninstall Website Filtering Tool
- 2.8 Check Firewall And Internet Settings
- 2.9 Uninstall The Website Filtering Software
- 2.10 Update The Driver
- 2.11 Videos On Fixing DNS Probe No Internet Error
DNS (Domain Name System)
Domain name system is the internet service that helps to with translate the domain name into IP addresses. The domain name is easy to remember but internet functions on the IP address which makes difficult for us to maintain or retain for a long period. For example, the domain name like www.abcd.com might get translate to 126.96.36.199.
So until the correct IP address get out of the system, the DNS server keeps on asking its network for the correct one. DNS is like the phone book for the internet. It connects you to the domain name with the help of IP address, and thus you can get to the website directly. Without DNS, the Internet will not be able to work and the IP address of the particular website can be change over time.
Now the system does not work correctly every time, so we have to keep, track of having some troubleshoot recommendations. Here, for DNS server, we have encounter the issue like “DNS Probe Finished No Internet“. Your face drops down in shock because you did everything correctly, so how can the internet ditch you for this? You look for the solution on internet, and you tried every possible hack to get away from the issue. Yet, the matter is same.
In this article, we are giving you the authentic troubleshoots for the issues of DNS probe no internet, which you can solve it all by yourself and if you want, you can take the help of any computer professional too. Many times the issue gets resolved with one step, like by changing the automatically obtained DNS servers to open DNS. Whoosh! Your DNS probe is solved. But there can be a different issue which needs the descriptive troubleshoot.
DNS_Probe_Finished_No_Internet Quick Fixes
When we search for the quick fix of any technical problem on the web, we often come across the links or information that is either incomplete or not guided well. Here, in this article, after navigating through several WebPages for the proper solution, we are presenting the best solutions for the DNS probe no internet issue.
For the simple hack, you can change the DNS on your device to Google DNS. But if this step does not put two and two together, then we are here providing the different issues that can be encountered along with the solutions. We are guiding you with all the methods which can solve you DNS probe finished no internet issue on your PC running Windows 7, 8, 8.1 or 10 OS.
Using Command Prompt
- WIN key + R >> TYPE CMD>> ENTER
- Copy and Paste the Following Code
netsh winsock reset
- Press Enter
This will restart your computer, and your issue of dns_probe_finished_no_internet will be solved. But if it does not, follow the other method given below:
- Open Command prompt again
- Type ipconfig /release
- Click ENTER
- Now Type ipconfig /renew
- Click Enter
- Now enter the following code: ipconfig /flushdns
After this, you can restart your computer. You can restart only when you have run the above commands on your computer. It will solve the DNS probe no internet problem, if not you can try other methods explained below.
Change DNS Address To Open Address
This method is worked for me in my computer. It is also the easy method to resolve the DNS probe finished no internet issue. In this method we need to change the PCs automatically obtained DNS server to Open DNS. All you need to do is, follow the given steps and start solving the dns probe started issue.
- Right Click On The Network Icon From Windows Taskbar
- Click On Network And Sharing Center
- Click On Local Area Connection
- Click On Properties From The New Window
- Select Internet Protocol Version 4
- Click Properties Again
- Click On Radio Button Saying “Use The Following Dns Server Addresses“
- In The Preffered DNS Server Box, Type 188.8.131.52
- In The Alternate DNS Server Box, Type 184.108.40.206
- Tick On ‘”Validate Settings Upon Exit“
- Click OK
Above changes will change your DNS settings to the open DNS which is the reliable way to free DNS server or to curb the DNS probe.
The given DNS server is one of the most reliable free DNS server out there. You can even use any preferable free public DNS server. Below we have shared some of the best and preferable open DNS server you can go with.
Google Public DNS
Level 3 DNS
Norton ConnectSafe DNS
Comodo Secure DNS
Now after doing this, you can try loading the web pages that was showing error of DNS probe finished no internet and see it has solved or not. If still you are getting the error then you can move on to other methods.
Reboot & Power Cycle the Router
Access your router settings with the help of below URLs given for various routers. The default username and password are ADMIN.
- TP-link – http://192.168.0.1
- Belkin – http://192.168.2.1
- Linksys – http://192.168.1.1
- Netgear – http://192.168.0.1
- 3Com – http://192.168.1.1
- D-Link – http://192.168.0.1
- Micromax – http://192.168.10.1
After logging in, navigate to system tools >> then click reboot button
To power cycle the router, you have to
- Unplug Your Router From The Power Source
- Leave The Router For 5 Minutes And Plug It Again
- Wait For The Router To Start With Full Mode
- Reload The WebPage
This method is sometime doesn’t work in solving dns_probe_finished_no_internet issue. You can also try out the other methods explained below.
Clear Cache, Reinstall Your Browser
Clearing Cache In Chrome
- Click On The Customize And Control Tab In Chrome
- Click On Settings
- Click On Advanced Settings
- Under Privacy Option >> Click On Clear Browsing Data
- In The New Window >> Check The Box Cookies And Other Sites And Plug In Data
- Also Check Cached Images And Files >> Click On Clear Browsing Data
Clearing Cache In Firefox
- Click On History
- Click Clear Recent History
- Click On Details
- Check Cookies And Cache
- Click On Clear Now
Due to the technical issues, sometimes the website is unable to open on the browser that you are using on a daily basis. Here, you can switch the browser and open the same website. But make sure that you try to open the website with some lite browser.
Restart Router/ Modem
Disconnect the router and wait for a while. Connect the router again, reset the computer and reload the web site. At times, the router fails to snap the network.
Uninstall Website Filtering Tool
When you are using the website filtering tool, it may be blocking the way of the website that you are trying to access. Here, you will have to delete the tool to make your system filtering free. And if not, you can at least disable the function of website filtering tool. This will definitely solve the DNS probe finished no internet
Check Firewall And Internet Settings
For the security reasons, firewall and internet security software may be blocking the particular website. So check the internet security settings and disable the blockage of any access to the website. But make sure that you do not visit any threat web site while checking any of the issues.
Uninstall The Website Filtering Software
Try to uninstall any website filtering software on the computer if you are using any. After the uninstall, try to reload the website that you were getting in the form of issue.
Update The Driver
Check your driver adapter and make sure that it is not outdated or corrupted, sometime its be the reason of the DNS probe finished no internet error. To remove this error, you need to refresh the driver software. Follow the steps to perform this task:
- GO TO START >> TYPE DEVICE MANAGER in the search bar
- In the device manager, look for the network adapters
- Check the list of active network adapter
- Right click on your desired network adapter
- SELECT “update driver software.”
- TRY to reload the browser once the driver is updated
Videos On Fixing DNS Probe No Internet Error
DNS Probe Finished No Internet Windows 10
Unable To Connect To The Internet Solved
The above are the “try and tested” tricks for the DNS probe no internet issue. You can check the above methods and can try to solve the issue as quick as you can. If you think we have not listed any of the methods to quick fix the DNS probe finished no internet, you can mention them below in the comment box.